Tuesday 6 December 2011

The Outing - It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas... (well sort of)

 Disclaimer: This post was written in mid-November so some of the comments may seem a little out of date.

So Christmas bells can be heard a-tinkling, and not so far off either. However, I have to admit that when I first heard there was a Christmas Parade in mid-November I was a bit skeptical. After seeing it, though, I'm not quite sure that "Christmas Parade" accurately describes what we saw. Perhaps "Multi-cultural parade with cartoon characters, cheerleaders and Santa and his sleigh for a Finale" would be a more exact way of describing what we witnessed. However, it was great to see so many kids involved, and while the parade was very VERY long it was nice to see the Wellington community come together.

South America was there...


not to mention the oh-so-Christmassy Darth Vader??? *puzzled look*
My co-worker made the comment that a lot of talent comes out for the Christmas Parade, as well as a lot of the more unusual characters (for instance, I don't think these costumes were hired). Apparently the storm troopers multiply every year. Is the dark side slowly taking over the Christmas parade? Wait, did I just make a Star Wars joke???

Laura, my sister, this next photo I took just for you!

According to my sister, while growing up I was "in love" with Alvin the chipmunk, and since to be honest I remember very little of my childhood, I guess I'll just have to believe her.

Okay, this is a little more like a parade...


Despite how impressive Chinese dragons are, I've never before put them together with "Christmas" in my head:


But I have to say, considering the day was incredibly hot (for Wellington that is), these girls were incredibly smart to bring their parasols.


Vikings and Christmas - well I guess they've got the whole red and white thing going...
 And just when I had decided this parade was really only an "anything goes" affair, the Salvation Army march by. Finally something that qualifies as "Christmassy".


Wellington's Christmas Tree was up, and since I was in search of all things Christmas I decided to get a happy snap with it. 


So this post is a "pre" season's greetings from me!

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment