Friday 2 December 2011

The Outing - Taking Time to Smell the Roses

Last Sunday afternoon Luke and I had nothing much to do, so we thought we'd take some time to smell the roses. Luckily for us, the Rose Festival at the botanical gardens opened last weekend as well, so we literally did that!

I've always felt somewhat partial to roses. I think it has something to do with my middle name being Rose, but they are such gorgeous flowers, and the smell so lovely - a real treat for all senses really (did you know that you can even eat them... no I didn't have a munch on any at the botanical gardens, but just an interesting fact).
It was a lovely afternoon; the gardens were full of kids playing hide and seek amongst the roses. 
...okay maybe it wasn't just kids playing in the rose bushes. How amazing is the yellow colour of these roses?
I knew that there were many varieties of roses, but really when I see a lot of them all in the same place I am amazed. The colour combinations were breathtaking.
I am seriously in love this photograph. Can someone paint it for me please?
So all in all, a perfect, perfumy and pretty way to spend a Sunday afternoon. By the way, I think I managed to match my top amazingly well to the outing. It wasn't planned at all, I promise.

Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. How well I remember that garden. We walked up there from our house on the Terrace and the kids used to play among the roses too- well the youngest two at least. Beautiful, simply beautiful

    ReplyDelete