Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Review - The Muppets

So my favourite movie watched over the Summer was, in a word: Muppets. Or more precisely The Muppets. Has such an awesome, technicolour, feel-good, leave the cinema humming, puppet-filled movie ever been made? Answer: probably not.

Now, just so you know, I am a Muppet fan. My dad is a huge Muppet fan and can do quite an impressive Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy. Actually when I was little for a time I was quite convinced that Fozzie Bear was a colleague of my dad's, because whenever he called home from work he'd always put Fozzie on the phone to say "Hi", or more specifically: "Wacka wacka wacka."

So in short, I grew up on the Muppets, and therefore am probably quite biased in this review. However, I will also be the first to admit that there have been some woefully bad Muppet movies. Thankfully this is not one of them. I think the Director, James Bobin, has done such a fine job with this. I love the colour, the songs (so catchy), Amy Adams' wardrobe, and how self-referential it is. If you haven't seen it, then do yourself a favour and go - these fun, family-friendly movies unfortunately don't come around too often these days.

Side note: I love that these two (below) are supposed to be brothers. The fact that one appears to be a muppet is never really addressed and as an audience member you're okay with that.
Question: Why are Kermit and Miss Piggy never mentioned on lists of famous couples?
Statler: If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were reciting some sort of important plot point.
  Waldorf: I hope so. Otherwise I would've bored half the audience half to death.
Statler: You mean half the audience is still alive?
So take a leaf out of Rowlf's book: get off your hide and go see the movie.

Until next time :)
Life's a happy song when you have...(seriously can't get the song out of my head!)


1 comment:

  1. Can not get that song out of my head either! That was indeed a wonderful movie.

    ReplyDelete