Sunday 19 February 2012

The Dress - O For the Love of Buttons

Note: Just so you know, I took these photos a while back, so it's not that my hair grows incredibly fast or that I have started wearing my old spectacles again. I hope you still enjoy them.
Things I love in clothing: bows, hearts, flowers, polka dots, and not to forget decorative buttons. You know - those buttons that have no other purpose than to look cute. So when I found this little number on sale in Melbourne in August, it was in a word... mine!

Dress: Revival
Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately for our bank account), New Zealand doesn't have the store Dangerfield yet. Although I'm not wild about everything they stock, they do tend to focus quite a lot on vintage-inspired clothing. This dress by Revival is a prime example. Although I love op-shopping, I also like going into a store and knowing that they have the same dresses in several sizes. I have also just discovered that Dangerfield has an online shop; given what that shop could do to our bank balance, my oh-so-witty husband commented that it has quite an appropriate name. :)
Cardigan: Quick Brown Fox
Another purchase from my trip to Melbourne in August. I had been searching high and low for a red cropped cardigan, and actually gasped when I saw this one in QFB, another Australian brand. I miss Australian shops, sigh. Uh-oh - they also have an online shop. Oh no! Anyway, the cardigan was kind of over our budget, so my mum very kindly bought it for me, and it has been a staple of my wardrobe ever since. 
Don't you just love the buttons? So much fun. And the material of the dress is a kind of thick spandexy, raylon stuff, meaning it is very comfortable. 

Shoes: Mi Piaci
And most importantly of all: the shoes! There is a very good reason why I should never shop during my lunch break at work, namely because it ends up with me falling head over heels in love with a pair of shoes (pun intended). I had to suppress a squeal when I saw these. They were on sale, they were one of two pairs in the country, and with a little persuasion of my husband, they were mine! Aren't they the cutest shoes you've ever seen? *sigh* So in love.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment