Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Dress - 1940s Swing Pants

No, my hair doesn't grow at an unbelievably fast rate - these photos were taken a while back, and I thought it was about time that I posted them. :)
So I'm not much of a pants wearer, to be honest. I'd much rather be in a skirt or dress. I'm not against jeans in any way - they're just so darn practical - but I know that skirts and dresses flatter my shape the best.  However, then I discovered 1940s swing pants, which caused pants to go up a couple of notches on my "like" scale.


Top: Max
I actually found this top in a second-hand store for $10. I think what drew me to it was the wrap-around style and the mandarin-like collar. However, it had these ridiculously long red ties attached to either side - I mean, they could easily wrap around my waist 3 times. I was a bit unsure what they were for. So I cut them off - and now I use them to tie back the curtains in our bedroom - innovation at its best. The red tabs at the side of the top still reveals where they went, but oh well - I might unpick them one of these days. The top has ties on the inside which hold it together, and for extra security I use two safety pins at the bust and one at the side. 

I think that out of all my tops it's probably the one I get the most complimented on. Isn't it funny how we often wear clothing that other people say nice things about? It's almost like this gives us extra approval for additional wearing of something!

So I think I've written about Heyday on here before, but I can't say how much I love their clothing. Everything is such great quality. Yes, it's on the expensive side, but you know with clothing sometimes you really do get what you pay for. These pants are great. I was in between sizes on their website - stupid big hips and small waist - so I asked to have them altered, and for a small fee it was no problem. Despite this, I would recommend that you get any alterations done after you physically receive them, as it's really a bit hard to judge without trying them on. They're black, so they go well with everything. 

I have to admit that I have been admiring other pants on there from time to time. Hello forest green! Just checked the website, and she's put up some other fun fabrics. Although I think I'd personally have to go with the darker colours to avoid looking 10 feet wide. The best thing is that they're machine washable. Woo!


However, even better than that is the buttons! Love! 


And this is how I would look if I were one of those dogs with the bobbly heads. :) 
Ha ha ha. 

Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment