Saturday 2 June 2012

The Holiday - Easter Break Part 4

One of the great things about living in a country is that you have licence to be a complete tourist and actually want to visit all those touristy places that are on the top 10 lists in Lonely Planet guides. Moreover, when you have friends and family, seeing the sights is a must. After all, New Zealand has such a beautiful landscape in such a compact area that it would be a shame not to see at least some of it while we are living here.

Well, when we went up to the Wairarapa with my parents, I thought it was the perfect opportunity (i.e. having a car) to see some of these beautiful places. A while back my friend Carolyn showed me some awesome photos that she'd taken while visiting the Putangirua Pinnacles, so after our little tour of Martinborough and Greytown, that's where we went. The weather couldn't have been better for it. So be prepared for a lot of photos of rocks and scenery - don't say I didn't warn you!



 
Pretty amazing, huh? Are you starting to understand why they're called the Pinnacles?

For some reason, the tower-like pinnacle reminds me of Hogwarts - does anyone else see it? No? Just me, okay then.

At this point I felt like I was walking into Jurassic Park, and kind of half expected to see a brontosaurus munching away at a nearby bush. Overactive imagination? Moi?

 I think these rock formations are a result of extremely rapid erosion, and are possibly a result of the global flood.

Family photo times :)

 Yes, I did all that walking in a dress and pearl necklace.

So if you're ever in the area, it's definitely worth a look.

Until next time :)


1 comment:

  1. Wow,it is really a great photo. I must be thankful for the post. Glad I have found the site.
    Pinnacles desert tour

    ReplyDelete