Monday 18 June 2012

The Song - Needing/Getting

You may have noticed from these posts that I am very much into female singers. I don't know why, but most of the artists on my iPod are females. Maybe this is because it's easier for me to sing along - who knows? Anyway, I do have a few more alternative/rock bands that I like. One of these is OK Go. It was actually my sister's ex-boyfriend who got me onto them way back in 2006, and I've liked their music ever since.

I actually went to a concert they held in Melbourne in 2007. It was awesome - I knew all their songs and they were really great entertainers. But by far my favourite part was when their equipment went down and they just started doing a scene from Les Miserables to pass the time! Beyond cool. Anyway, in case you don't know OK Go, they are probably most commonly referred to as the treadmill guys. You know, the video that went viral a couple of years ago with guys dancing on treadmills - yep, that's them.

OK Go are an American band formed in 1998, and have released 3 albums. They are known for their incredibly imaginative, low-budget music videos, which are often done in one take. To be honest, I often have to watch the video twice; the first time I'm so entertained by what's happening on screen that I have to watch the second time to actually listen to the music!

One thing that really made me smile when looking them up on Wikipedia were the descriptions of the band: Damian Kulash (lead vocals, guitar and car), Tim Nordwind (bass guitar and vocals), Dan Konopka (drums and percussion) and Andy Ross (guitar, keyboards and vocals). Now in case you missed that, under Damian's list of instruments it says "car". How do you play a car, you may very well ask? Well, watch the music video of the song "Needing/Getting" below to find out.



Until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment