Tuesday 27 November 2012

The Dress - Sedate Sixties

I can't believe I've been writing this blog for more than a year with 40 outfit posts and I have never posted this outfit before! It's incredible, since I wear it at least once a week. Why? Because it's so comfortable. The material of the dress is like a giant stretchy T-shirt, yet if you accessorise it correctly it looks smart enough to wear to work. Note to self: must buy more clothes like this. Sorry about the grainy photos - let's just pretend the photos actually come from the 60s, okay?

Dress: Tokito
I bought this dress from Myer at least 5 years ago. It was an impulse buy - and a damn good one. I love the design, which always makes me happy. In addition, it's comfortable and looks good (I always get compliments in this outfit), so what more could a girl want? Oh, and I think it was on sale when I bought it.

I normally pair this dress with my purple cardigan, black belt and black tights, but today I've gone for the reverse: purple tights and black cardigan. I suppose you could also highlight the yellow in the dress... that could be fun.

Cardigan: Mango
Yes, here it is again folks - the black cardigan. I honestly couldn't live without it, and am kind of dreading the day it eventually falls to shreds. Maybe I need a black cardigan contingency plan...

Tights: Gifted
No idea where the tights come from. My mum got them for my birthday last year. As you can see from this photo, they have a zigzag pattern, which is fun but it means I don't wear them as often as I should. I know, I know... I have to get over my "only allowed to wear one pattern at a time" phobia. But I can't help it.

Beret: Gifted
All the way from Paris, brought back by my dear friend Sarah. It gets lots of use, especially here in Wellington, where the wind in winter means you can't wear anything with a brim. 

Shoes: Top End

A word to the wise: This is what you have to do to keep your hat on your head in Wellington!

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment