Thursday 8 November 2012

The Song - "Skinny Love"

So the other day a good friend of mine was around, and after hearing an hour's worth of music from my iPod, she told me I should look up some of Birdy’s songs. So after she left, I promptly looked Birdy up on iTunes. I have to say, her song “Skinny Love” has been playing on my iPod ever since.

Birdy is the stage name of Jasmine van den Bogaerde. She is 16 years old and has already had a hit song in the top 20 charts in the UK and other European countries. In other word,s this girl is talented with a capital T.  “Skinny Love” is actually a cover of the American folk band Bon Iver (didn’t know that). 

Anyway, back to Birdy. So in 2008 she won the music competition Open Mic UK at the age of 12 against 10,000 competitors. See what I mean? I was not winning national music awards at the age of 12. She started writing her own music at the age of 8.  

Anyway, have a listen and see what you think. 
 
 
Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment