Monday 11 March 2013

Trip to Europe - London Part One

It's been over 3 months since I went to London for a holiday with my sister, and nearly 2 months since I got back from my massive trip away. And you know what? I want another one. But this is not possible for various reasons, mainly the need to work and earn a living. So instead I will reminisce by going through photos from my trip. Care to join me?

These pictures are from my first night in London. Essentially I touched down mid-afternoon, went to our friend John's place (who, by the way, is the best tour guide ever) and went into town for some exploring.

A pretty sunset at 3:30 PM - crazy, I know! Especially when you come from the other side of the world where this is what the sky looks like around 8:00 PM!

Took a ferry down the Thames - as you do. Look, it's NOT London Bridge - actually London Bridge is pretty ugly these days. This is in fact Tower Bridge.

Because every tourist has to take a photo in a red telephone box. Otherwise you can't say you've officially been to London.

Here's Big Ben. FYI, Big Ben is actually the name of the clock - the rest of the building is the Houses of Parliament.

Pretty. Actually, it was kind of funny - as we were walking towards Big Ben I didn't notice it at all. John and Laura kept saying, "I wonder when she'll notice it?" Meanwhile I said, "Notice what?" and then started listing every famous London landmark I know. It wasn't until we were about 10 metres away that I was like, "Oh that!" Yes, my glasses prescription might need strengthening. I blame jet lag.

Christmas decorations are so much nicer in the northern hemisphere.

The London Eye

Trafalgar Square

Wait, are they M&Ms dressed like Bilbo and Gandalf from "The Hobbit"? Why yes they are.

So what is your M&M colour?

Look at the rainbow colours... so pretty

And Her Royal Majesty in all her Lego glory.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment