Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Inspiration - The Sartorialist

I'm a huge fan of Scott Schuman's blog The Sartorialist. He is really at the forefront of street fashion photography, and I am often inspired by the wonderful outfit he manages to snap. Frequently it's just everyday people expressing themselves through the medium of clothes. Not only this, but his images are often so strikingly beautiful that they are really art works. In fact, he has permananent collections at the Victoria & Albert Museum and the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography.

Schuman really has created a space on the internet for an international dialogue about clothes and the people who wear them. He obviously has an eye for detail and capturing those beautiful everyday moments.

Recently the Sartorialist went to a rockabilly weekend in Las Vegas. I loved these images so much I just really wanted to share them with you (and also get you addicted to The Sartorialist blog). Enjoy!

 This is my favourite of the photos. I love the moment that Schuman has captured here (which is really hard to do when people are mid-dance!) The couple are obviously doing some lindy hop! Woo! I love her playsuit - so fun! And I'm normally not one for showing off midriffs. Also notice how perfect her untanned skin is. Fake tan, who needs it?
 
 One word. Classic.


See what I mean about the artistry? This photo is amazing.
 
I'm again feeling the need to buy a playsuit. Never really had this need before. I also kind of want to reach into the photo and steal her handbag!

Well, I hope this inspired you.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment